Location and Uses
SOMO Village enjoys nearby open space and is at the foot of the Sonoma Mountains in beautiful Sonoma County. Centrally located in Rohnert Park, SOMO Village is just 40 miles north of San Francisco and just 20 minutes from Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Sonoma and Sebastopol.
- SOMO Village is a mixed-use campus, allowing for many types of business to be in one location for shared benefits
- California State University Sonoma, a hub for hiring top talent, and the world renowned Green Music Center are located within 5 minutes
- The nearby SMART Train Cotati Station is a 1/2 mile walk or ride and accessible via direct bike and pedestrian path to SOMO Village.
The City of Rohnert Park is business friendly and works easily with new or relocating business.
Amenities and Lifestyle
Health and Happiness are community markers at SOMO Village. The SOMO Village Event Center hosts concerts, cultural events and offers conference and meeting space.
- Locally sourced organic food, beverage and catering is offered at Heirloom Cafe located within the Event Center
- The community is being developed utilizing One Planet Living framework for deepest sustainability.
- Renewable clean energy is provided by over 3MW of on site roof-top solar along with abundant workplace electric vehicle charging stations.
On-site management is easily accessible for support and campus wide Wellness Programs are developed in partnership with the community.
At present, SOMO Village is working with the City of Rohnert Park for approvals on the updated site plan. Homes will incorporate the latest technology in a walkable community of interconnected streets, public spaces, art and easy transportation. Neighborhoods are organized around a 5-minute walk radius to convenient daily services and needs.
- Development plans are approved for 1,750 homes of all sizes, including 254 affordable units
- Over 38 acres of dedicated to parks are centered in the neighborhoods
- Incentives programs will be developed to promote live-work