Location and Uses
SOMO Village enjoys nearby open space and is at the foot of the Sonoma Mountains in convenient and accessible Rohnert Park in Sonoma County. Just 40 miles north of San Francisco, SOMO Village is a mixed-use community allowing a variety of uses in leased spaces.
- SOMO Village is a mixed-use campus, allowing for many types of business to be in one location for shared benefits
- California State University Sonoma, a hub for hiring top talent, and the world renowned Green Music Center are located within 5 minutes
- The nearby SMART Train Cotati Station is now in service! Just a 1/2 mile walk or ride and accessible via bike and pedestrian path in late September 2017.
The City of Rohnert Park is business friendly and works easily with new or relocating business.
Amenities and Lifestyle
Health and Happiness are community markers at SOMO Village. The SOMO Village Event Center hosts concerts, cultural events and offers conference and meeting space.
- Locally sourced organic food, beverage and catering, plus live entertainment is offered at Sally Tomatoes located within the Event Center
- The community is being developed consistent with One Planet Living principles of sustainability and has been certified at the highest Platinum Level by the U.S. Green Building Council Leadership for Energy and Environmental Design (LEED-ND).
- Renewable clean energy is provided by over 3MW of on site roof-top solar along with abundant workplace electric vehicle charging stations.
On-site management is easily accessible for support and campus wide Wellness Programs are developed in partnership with the community.
At present, SOMO Village is working with the City of Rohnert Park for approvals on the updated site plan. Homes will incorporate the latest technology in a walkable community of interconnected streets, public spaces, art and easy transportation. Neighborhoods are organized around a 5-minute walk radius to convenient daily services and needs.
- Development plans are approved for 1,450 homes of all sizes
- 33 acres dedicated to parks are centered in the neighborhoods
- Incentives programs will be developed to promote live-work
SOMO Village, the first One Planet Living community in North America, is guided by a framework of 10 principles for economic vitality and healthy, happy lifestyles within our fair share of the Earth’s resources.